Official Sweepstakes Rules for the #GESealantsandAdhesivesInstagramFollowerGiveaway
Read the official rules for the GE Sealants and Adhesives Instagram Follower Giveaway and find out how to enter.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2020 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 17, 2020 at 11:59:00 a.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC., FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC., OR YOUTUBE, LLC.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The #GESEALANTSANDADHESIVESINSTAGRAMFOLLOWERGIVEAWAY (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry. Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC (“Sponsor”), SFW (“Administrator”), their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor and/or Administrator may decide in their sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Momentive Performance Materials, 9930 Kincey Avenue, Huntersville, NC 28078. SFW 1301 Carolina St Suite 106, Greensboro, NC.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to the @gesealantsandadhesives Instagram page and follow. A follow will constitute (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Previously established followers will automatically receive one (1) entry at the outset of the Sweepstakes Period. A follower may tag up to three separate Instagram friend pages for up to (3) additional entries in the Sweepstakes. Tagged pages must belong to individuals that are legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of tag. Participants can only tag additional pages on the paid advertisement that has been served to them, or the corresponding organic in-feed post containing the giveaway details. Tags on non-giveaway related organic in-feed posts will not qualify as additional entries. By entering, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, including on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, by email, by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
CONTEST IS LIMITED TO UP TO (4) ENTRIES PER PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties may be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that participant’s entries, and that participant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor and/or the Administrator or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
Contest shall consist of two prize periods. Period One will run from 11/1/2020, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. until November 17, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. Period Two will run from December 1, 2020 at 12:01 p.m. until December 17, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. One (1) Period One winner will be selected at random on November 17, 2020 on or after 12:01 p.m. and announced on November 21, 2020. One (1) Period Two winner will be selected at random on December 17, 2020 on or after 12:01 p.m. and announced on December 22, 2020. All remaining Period One entries will be rolled into Period Two, and be eligible for the Period Two prize drawing, with the exception of any remaining entries from the Period One winner. ONE PRIZE PER PERSON PER CONTEST. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. Each drawn winner will be sent notification by Instagram message, which will include a request for a valid email address through which an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) will be promptly provided to the chosen winner.
Winners shall be given 24 hours from the date and time of the original notification message to return message an acknowledgment of receipt and therewith provide the necessary contact information in order to deliver the required Affidavit. Except where legally prohibited, winners shall have 48 hours from the time of receipt to complete and return the Affidavit in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted as prescribed after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit or any other documentation that Sponsor may require, in its sole discretion, within the required time period, or in the event that a potential winner is otherwise disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor and/or Administrator are unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawing or if Sponsor and/or Administrator fail to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize.
Verification of Potential Winners: potential WINNERS ARE subject to verification by Sponsor [AND/or administrator], whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until participant’s eligibility HAS been verified and participant has been notified that verification is complete.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize(s): Two  Prizes will be awarded in total. Prize consists of 1 $25 Amazon gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: USD $25. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $50.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute with a prize of equal or greater value at its discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Administrator and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions, or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, INSTAGRAM, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR INJURY TO PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERROROISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE. FURTHER, SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, DIVERSIONS, CHANGES IN SERVICE OR ACCOMODATIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS, OR FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING AIR CARRIER(S) AND OTHER TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES; LODGING, RESTAURANT OR OTHER HOSPITALITY PROVIDERS; ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDERS, VENUES OR ARTISTS; OR OTHER THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS SUPPLYING ANY SERVICES OR COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZE(S) TO WINNERS AND/OR THEIR GUESTS, OR FOR ANY RESULTING INJURIES, INCLUDING MONEY DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, property damages, PERSONAL injuries OR death resulting THEREfrom.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in Saratoga County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER DISCLOSURE: A copy of these Official Rules shall be available for review and/or download at: https://www.gesealants.com/Newsroom.aspx
GE is a trademark of General Electric Company. Used under trademark license.
Copyright ©2020 Momentive Performance Materials Inc. All rights reserved.